Christopher Bruce Charles
Denver DWI Lawyer
An experienced litigator, Chris Charles has spent countless hours in court defending the rights of individuals across Colorado. Chris has earned respect as an excellent criminal defense attorney, with expertise ranging from traffic offenses and DUI-related charges to domestic violence charges and felony drug cases.
Prior to devoting himself exclusively to criminal defense, Chris spent a number of years working for individuals in personal injury and family law cases. As he began to invest more of his time in criminal defense cases, Chris realized he had exceptional skill at negotiating with prosecutors, who have described him as honest, fair and knowledgeable. But even more, he appreciates and enjoys the opportunity to protect the rights of individuals. His tireless efforts have earned him the reputation as an extremely thorough litigator.
- Chris received his Juris Doctor from the University of Colorado at Boulder in 2000.
- He also holds an MBA from Yale University, and graduated cum laude from Oral Roberts University.
Professional Associations and Experience
- Chris is currently a member of the Colorado Bar Association and the Denver Bar Association, as well as a member of the Colorado Criminal Defense Bar.
- He appealed and successfully argued before the Supreme Court of Colorado in the case, People v. Peterson, 113 P.3d 706 (Colorado 2005).
- Early in his career, Chris served as a judicial law clerk in Jefferson County, during which time he assisted a District Court Judge in extensive legal research, drafting orders and court decisions.
- Chris entered the Colorado State Bar in 2000, and also received his license to practice law in Montana in 2001.